Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthy banana bread slice with peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- 1 1/2 c light spelt flour
- 1 1/2 c vanilla protein powder
- 4 overly ripe bananas (roughly mashed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 c coconut palm sugar (or natural sweetener)
- 4/3 c natural sweetener
- 3/4 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites (can use 3 whole whole eggs)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 c fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c light natural peanut butter
- 1 c natvia icing mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line an 8×8″ brownie tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the coconut palm sugar, sweetener, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently mix until just combined. Gently stir in the banana.
- Pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Place cakes onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Frosting– Place all the frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes (this can be done without an electric mixer).
- Spread the frosting over the cake.