So for me, one of the things I look forward to most about the weekend is… PANCAKES! I love pancakes, especially protein pancakes. I tend to go through phases with weekend breakkies like baked oatmeal, crepes, pancakes, waffles and I think there is a theme there. Always SWEET!
Which is why I devote a WHOLE eBook to sweet healthy breakkies – Sweet Awakenings
I haven’t had my protein pancakes for ages and decided that this weekend it was time to bring them back! Blueberry pancakes for me #partytime! These were SO yummy! Fluffy, sweet and everything you can want in a pancake. And the best part? They were my post leg workout meal. This gives me something to look forward to whilst I am going through the pain and torture of leg day #helpmeicantwalk.
What do you guys have post workout?
Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 c gluten free oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (30g)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- Blend all the ingredients, except the blueberries, until a batter forms.
- Fold in the blueberry and then pour over a hot pan (this batter makes about 4 pancakes).
- Flip when the edges start to brown.
- Serve with a tbsp of natural almond butter and top with more blueberry, banana and coconut chips.
Makes 4 pancakes, serves 1 hangry human.
Nutrition (without toppings): Calories 366 P 37, C 41, F 6