Chocolate protein french toast topped with dairy free chocolate, frozen berries and salted caramel coconut chips. Long weekend breakfast perfection.
Oh I love French toast, I have not had it in the longest time. When I started out on my fitness journey, a long long time ago, this was a staple in my diet. I can’t believe I don’t have a protein French toast recipe up here! I was so shocked. So here it is, one of my oldies and a fave of mine – chocolate protein French toast.
My local gym also started stocking this bread Herman Brot. It is low carb and high protein, per slice it is 11 protein, 5 fat and 2 carbs. And it tastes delicious, so glad I tried it out!
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
chocolate protein french toast
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 c sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 slices high protein bread (Herman Brot Low Carb Bread)
- dairy free choc chips
- frozen berries of choice
- In a large bowl whisk together all the ingredients except the bread and topping.
- Place the bread in a large rectangular container and pour the egg mixture over the top allow to sit for 10mins.
- Heat a pan to a medium heat and cook the bread for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place the toppings onto the toast and serve immediately.
Nutrition – Calories Protein 36 Carb 18 Fat 13