Lightened up feta and cranberry pinwheels, with a little festive vibe using spinach wraps. A perfect and super simple appetizer for Christmas festivities!
I cannot believe that it is Christmas this week. How fast this year has gone is just crazy. And to think I start my new job in less than a month now is even more crazy #internlyf. So with lots of festivities this time of year I wanted to make a fun, festive and protein packed appetizer that is simple to make and easy to take along to parties.
So here are my lightened up feta and cranberry pinwheels and they are only 140 calories and have 10g of protein per serve!
The flavor combo is a total knock out, just delicious. With bursts of sweetness from the cranberries and the mild saltiness from the feta, plus the creaminess of the cream cheese – winner in my books! The spinach wraps help give this dish a more christmas-y vibe with the green but normal wraps could be used as well.
healthier feta and cranberry pinwheels
- 1 c (250 g) extra light cream cheese
- 3/4 c (200g) reduced fat feta cheese
- 80g dried cranberries
- 1/4 c chopped green onions (spring onions)
- 4 spinach wraps (can use whole wheat or light flour to reduce the calories even more)
- Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in a bowl; mix well.
- Evenly spread mixture over the 4 tortillas.
- Roll up tightly, wrap in cling wrap/foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour (I left mine over night).
- Cut each wrap into 9 slices.
Nutrition (for two pinwheels) – Calories 140, Protein 10g, Carbs 14g, Fat 6g
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!