Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
flour-less caramel protein cake with salted caramel icing
- 1 1/4 c vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/4 c almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 c coconut palm sugar (or natural sweetener)
- 1/4 c natural sweetener
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c salted date caramel (recipe below)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Salted caramel frosting
- 2 c dates (seeds removed and soak in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c natvia icing mix
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 8″ spring form cake tins with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the coconut palm sugar, sweetener, applesauce, oil, eggs and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the tine and bake for 30-35mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Place cakes onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Frosting– Place all the frosting ingredients into a large bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes (this can be done without an electric mixer). Then evenly spread over the top of the cake.