Seriously simple, and seriously delicious. These ‘Nutella’ muffins are my current go to snack and they are only 82 calories each.
These muffins are
- High in protein
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
flourless ‘Nutella’ choc chip blender muffins
- 1/2 c chocolate vegan protein powder (can omit or use whey)
- 1 large banana
- 3/4 c natural raw peanut cacao spread
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (or agave/pure maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c dairy free choc chips
- 1/4 c natural sweetener (can sub in coconut palm sugar to make it a little more brown sugar-y)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a 12 hole mini muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- Place all ingredients, except the choc chips, into the blender. Blend on high for a minute or so until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the choc chips * do not blend them just mix in with a spoon*
- Spoon one tablespoon of the batter into each muffin hole, the batter should fill approx. 3/4 of the muffin hole.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on your oven- muffins should be slightly springy and an inserted toothpick will come out slightly dirty), allow muffins to sit in the tray for 10 mins.
- Place muffins on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Serves 16-18 mini muffins
Nutrition – 82 cals
~Using a normal size muffin tray – this batter will make approx 6-8 normal sized muffins. However, large muffins will require longer cooking time approx. 10-13 mins.