Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
healthier banana bread choc chip pancakes
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c banana protein powder (can sub for flour used)
- 1/2 c (120g) overly ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp(30ml) sugar free maple syrup (can use pure maple syrup/agave)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 egg (can omit)
- 1/c c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c vegan chocolate chips or 1 double chocolate chunk quest bar roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg, banana, almond milk and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (don’t over mix).a
- Fold in the choc chips ** add in cookie dough balls here if desired** and then pour over a hot pan (this batter makes about 8 pancakes).
- Heat pan/skillet to medium (make sure it is hot before pouring the batter on). Flip when the edges start to brown.
- Serve with my healthy cookie dough balls and a little more sugar free maple syrup.
- Keep your pancakes warm by preheating your oven to 200C and placing them on a tray lined with baking paper until you have completed the entire batch.
Serves 2 (approx 8 large pancakes)
Nutrition (including vegan choc chips): Cals 349, P27 , C40 , F 7