Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthier cheesecake swirl brownie
- 1 c cooked sweet potato (mashed)*
- 1 egg
- ½ c vanilla protein powder (can sub for almond meal)
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder
- 1/4 c date paste **
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c sugar free maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1/4 c natural sweetener
- 1/2 tsp natural sea salt
- 1 double choc chunk quest bar roughly chopped or 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 c Natvia icing mix (or a fine sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 185C and line a 9×9″ brownie tin with baking paper.
- Blend the sweet potato, cacao, almond meal, protein powder baking powder and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Add in the dates, egg, vanilla, maple syrup and sweetener. Stir in the choc chips/questbar (save a few for the top).
- Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the tin.
- In a food processor mix the cheesecake ingredients. Once blended pour the cheesecake mix over the brownie batter.
- Dollop 4 tbsp of the remaining brownie batter onto the cheesecake and then with a knife swirl to create a marbled pattern.
- Pour the brownie mix into the tin and sprinkle the remaining choc chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. (I like my brownies on the gooey side so I take mine out when the knife comes out a little dirty and then I let it set in the fridge for an hour).
* Precook the sweet potato either in the oven (200C for approx 45mins) or microwave (about 8-10 mins on high) -1 c usually equates to one very large sweet potato
**Date paste- I made my own by blending pitted dates in my food processor.