- 3/4 c light spelt flour (or wholewheat pastry flour)
- 3/4 c vanilla protein powder (can use chocolate but I find vanilla is sweeter)
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder
- 2 egg whites (or whole eggs)
- 1 c fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 c boiling water
- 1/3 c coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 c natural sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c extra light Philadelphia cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/2 c Natvia icing mix
- 1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c chocolate protein powder + 1-2 tbsp almond milk- to make a thick paste
- OR 1/3 c vegan choc chips (melted)
- 1/2 c Glutino choc vanilla cookies (broken up)
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder until well combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, eggs, sweetener, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add in the boiling water. Stir until combined.
- Pour into slow cooker and the add in the cookies/choc chips if desired.
- Temp: Low, time: 3.5-4 hours, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Try not to open the slow cooker multiple times as this will increase the cooking time.
- Remove from the slow cooker and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Filling and cake assembly
- Once the cake is completely cool, the start this step.
- Mix all the filing ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Slice the cake in half, so you now have two cakes (please do this carefully).
- Spread the filling onto one half of the cake and then place the remaining half on top.
Completing the cake
- Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl (or melt down chocolate if you have chose this option)
- Spread over the top of the cake and sprinkle the broken up cookies around the outside.
- Place in the refrigerator over night to set.
Serves 12 servings
MACROS cals 200, P15, C17, F8