Light, fluffy protein pancakes with the added creaminess of Greek yogurt and packed with vegan choc chips. Yes please!
If I could eat pancakes every day I would and this recipe is on point! I really enjoy cooking with whole wheat flour (in this recipe you can use oat flour- as per my blueberry pancakes) it a nutty, wholesome type flavour to recipes and I love that!
When it comes to healthier pancakes sometimes they can come out dry, tough and taste a little bit like cardboard. Just flavourless. But not these pancakes!
These pancakes are:
High in protein
The addition of Greek yogurt adds this delicious creaminess to the pancakes and lightens them up (compared to using sour cream/buttermilk), plus it adds some more protein. And as I usually have pancakes post leg workout, I am looking to get as much carbs and protein as possible to help these muscle GROW!
Is it the weekend yet? I need more pancakes.
healthier greek yogurt choc chip pancakes
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c vanilla protein powder (can sub for flour used)
- 1/2 c (120g) plain no fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp(30ml) sugar free maple syrup (can use pure maple syrup/agave)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1 egg (can omit)
- 1/3 c + 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c vegan chocolate chips or 1 double chocolate chunk quest bar roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Fold in the choc chips ** add in cookie dough balls here if desired** and then pour over a hot pan (this batter makes about 8 pancakes).
- Heat pan/skillet to medium (make sure it is hot before pouring the batter on). Flip when the edges start to brown.
- Serve with my healthy cookie dough balls and a little more sugar free maple syrup.
- Keep your pancakes warm by preheating your oven to 200C and placing them on a tray lined with baking paper until you have completed the entire batch.
Serves 2 (approx 8 large pancakes)
Nutrition (including vegan choc chips): Cals 412, P40 , C45 , F8