- 1 c whole wheat pastry flour (or oat flour)
- 1 c vanilla protein powder (can use wholewheat/oat flour)
- 4 overly ripe medium sized bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 c natural sweetener (or to taste)
- 1/4 sugar free maple syrup
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ c melted coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 c vegan choc chips (iherb.com- my discount code is TQT398).
- 1/4 c peanut butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 185C and line a 8×4 loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large sized bowl. Toss together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Place aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined (don’t over mix or the bread will be tough).
- Pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 40- 45 mins (depends on your oven), then leave in tin for 5 minutes to rest before cooling on a wire cooling rack. At about 25 mins I put aluminum foil over the bread to stop it from burning.
- Once the bread is cool, melt down the vegan chocolate and peanut butter and drizzle over the top.