Lightened-up ice-cream sandwich-y goodness! These are packed with protein and have under 2g of fat per bar.
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthier protein ice-cream sandwich
- 1/4 c vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 1/4 c natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Protein ice-cream of choice (homemade, store bought or nice-cream would work)
- Dairy free choc chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a baking tray with baking powder. Mix the biscuit ingredients in a bowl and then press into 6 rectangular shapes (approx 4″x 2.5″). Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow biscuit to cool completely before filling with ice-cream.
- Once biscuit is completely cooled, spread evenly approx 1/3-1/2 c of ice cream onto one biscuit and then top with the other half of the biscuit.
- Optional dip one side in the melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Nutrition – Cals 150, protein 13, carbs 20, fat 2