So simple, so tasty! Chia seed pudding… with caramelised figs to top it off. These puddings are only 225 calories packed full of omega-3 fatty acids!
This is one of my favorite chia seed pudding recipes! I have made a few in the past… with really no success. It would either too thin or really thick a glugy. But this recipes seems to be the perfect combination of ingredients… Great success.
And the caramelised figs… this addition just takes this pudding to a while new level.
I am hoping all my internet issues are over, and I can get back to normal this week! So sorry for the short post but I am try to upload all my new recipe from this week 🙂
Made a Miss K recipe? Tag me on instagram @Missk_J6 and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthy caramelised fig CHIA SEED pudding
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder (can replace with 1-2 tbsp coconut flour or omit)
- 1/3 c (68g) chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cups (3oo ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 3 figs
- 1/4 c water
- 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (can use pure maple syrup/agave)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small pan the water, sweetener, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Bring to the boil, once it is bubbling add in the 2 figs that have been roughly chopped. and allow it to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, pour in the almond milk, protein powder and chia seeds. Mix vigorously (you can blend it, if preferred. Add in the caramelized fig and continue to stir.
- Split the pudding in two bowl and place in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Serve with sliced fig.
Nutrition: Calories 225 Protein 8, carbs 28, fat 9
Adapted from the amazing Dana over at minimalistbaker – She is so inspiring and creates the most gorgeous foods ever!