Sweet, cinnamon-y goodness and lush, creamy cheesecake swirled together to create this dessert perfection.
The CinnaBon swirl cheesecake!
This treat is healthy and is 134 calories, low carb and high in protein (>12g).
This weekend I was busy in the kitchen creating some seriously yummy healthier treats! Last weekend I did have the weekend “off” cooking, as I had to work the 15 hour weekend shift. I was so overly tired by the end. I literally sat down for 20minutes in that entire shift. It was fun though! And I definitely needed a day off to recover. Honestly, by the end of the shift my legs were aching, like post leg day feels.
Anyway… As always I was wanting cheesecake. I want cheesecake everyday. all day. And what better way to have your cheesecake than to add the awesome flavour of “Cinnabon.”
Also just a side note, let’s talk about the cracks in this cheesecake. I have never had cracks in any of my cheesecakes, as adding some sort of flour (I use protein powder) usually helps creating a smooth, crack-less cheesecake surface. But what I did do different is put this cake straight in the fridge after baking. Which is A BIG NO-NO when it comes to cheesecakes. SO allow yours to cool completely before placing in the fridge. I was just so busy yesterday that I didn’t even think twice about it. The cracks make it look… more rustic? haha I would have made it again, so I could take that perfect photo but it was just TOO yummy not to share.
I also have a little helper in the kitchen haha. Rami the pug is always by my side when I am cooking. I think he hopes that I will give him some food throughout the day.
He has grown so much. When we bought him home he was about 2.8kg now he is 5kg! Such a big boy with a furious appetite.
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
healthy baked cinnabon swirl cheesecake
- 1/2 c vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 c almond meal (or hazelnut meal)
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 c extra light cream cheese
- 1/2 c no fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c vanilla protein powder
- 2 egg whites (can omit)
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c natural sweetener
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 175C. Mix the base ingredients in a bowl and then press into a 8” spring formed baking tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnabon swirl ingredients. Spread half over the base and set the bowl aside.
- In a food processor pulse the filling ingredients, until smooth. Pour over the base/cinnabon spread and set aside
- Place the remainder of the cinnabon filling mix into a sandwich bag and cut a small piece of the corner off. Starting in the center squeeze the mix out and into a swirl shape.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 150C and bake cheesecake for a further 30-35mins, the centre should “jiggle” slightly of you shake the cake softly in the tin.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin and then move into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition – Cals 134, protein 12, carbs 4, fat 7.