Coconut and lime – A tropical holiday pack into a lush protein loaf.
Beautiful creamy coconut, it is the perfect match for the sharp tangy-ness of lime. I am addicted to the freshness of this flavour. It is so lush and yummy, plus the smell of it cooking is sublime (can you guess my favorite candle scent is coconut and lime).
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all
your amazing recreations!
healthy coconut and lime protein bread
- ¾ c vanilla protein powder
- ¾ c whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup sweetener (I use Natvia natural sweetener)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 egg white (can use whole eggs)
- 1 c c coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetener
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- lime zest
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a 8×4 loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large sized bowl. Toss together the flour, protein powder, baking powder and coconut. Place aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined (don’t over mix or the bread will be tough).
- Pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 50-60mins (depends on your oven), then leave in tin for 5 minutes to rest before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- At about 30 mins I put aluminum foil over the bread to stop the top from burning and turn the tin around.
- Allow the bread to cool in tin for 5 mins and then transfer to a wire cooling rack
- Mix the frosting ingredients in a small sized bowl. Drizzle over the loaf once it is completely cool.
- Top with lime zest and extra shredded coconut if desired