Creamy, lush protein ice cream. With a kick of cookies & cream and it’s only 6 ingredients.
After posting a compilation of new Oreo creations on my IG. I couldn’t stop thinking about the Oreo ice cream roll ♥️ . YUM! So I had to make it! And of course put a healthy Miss K twist on it.
Now it is officially summer in Australia (we were met with temps over 38 degree Celsius in Sydney) there couldn’t be more of a perfect way to celebrate the silly season than with ice cream! And even better cookies and cream ice cream!
healthy copycat “oreo” ice cream roll
- 2/3 c cottage cheese
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (30g) cookies and cream protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (this is a gluten free thickener I get mine from iherb.com)
- 6-8 Glutino chocolate vanilla cookies
- Blend ingredients, except cookies, for 2 minutes on high.
- Crumble up 2 cookies and stir into ice-cream.
- Ice cream maker- make sure the churning bowl has been chilled in the freezer the night before.
- Pour into ice cream maker as per instructions (I left mine in for 30mins) then transfer to a cylindrical container (I used a protein shaker cup!) and freeze for an hour, so it holds its shape.
- No ice cream maker – place in the freezer appropriate container for approx 1 hour and mix with a fork every 20-30mins. And then transfer to a cylindrical container and freeze for an hour (so it holds its shape).
- Blend the remaining cookies and pour them onto a plate.
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and run the sides of the shaker cup/container under hot water to help loosen the ice cream from the side of the container. Use a blunt knife to edge between the ice cream and container.
- Once loosened, remove from the ice cream from the container and roll in the cookie crumbs to cover it completely.
Nutrition- Calories 313, Protein 25g, Carbs 33g, Fat 9