- 1/2 c wholewheat pasty flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c chocolate protein powder (or wholewheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-2/3 c vegan choc chips
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a 4×8 loaf tin with baking paper.
- Shred the zucchini and place on a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture (at least 4-5 layers of paper towel and some on the top as well).
- In a large sized bowl. Toss together the flour, protein powder, cacao, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Place aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except the choc chips and zucchini. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined (don’t over mix or the bread will be tough).
- Stir in the zucchini and choc chips. Pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 45- 50 mins (depends on your oven), cover half way with aluminium foil to prevent burning on the top. Leave in tin for 5 minutes to rest before cooling on a wire cooling rack.