Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
healthy lemon and poppy seed protein muffins
- 2/3 c (85g) wholewheat pasty flour
- 2/3 c (85g) vanilla protein powder (can sub with wholewheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 2 egg whites (or whole eggs)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 c poppy seeds
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4-1 c natural sweetener
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- In a small small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining ingredient.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently. Slowly fold the batter whilst slowly stirring in the almond milk (will be thick).
- Spoon a tablespoon of the batter into each muffin hole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Blitz all the frosting ingredients in a blender. Drizzle onto the top of the completely cooled cupcakes.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Nutrition per muffin with frosting – Calories 119 Protein 9 Carbs 8 fat 5