Healthy lemon blueberry protein cupcakes. Zesty lemon and sweet blueberries one of favorite flavor combinations. Topped with sweet creamy blueberry cream cheese frosting. Super simple to make and packed full of flavour!
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
lemon blueberry protein Cupcakes
- 2/3 c (85g) wholewheat pasty flour
- 2/3 c (85g) vanilla protein powder (can sub with wholewheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 2 egg whites (or whole eggs)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 c blueberries
Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4-1c natural sweetener
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freeze dried blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- In a small small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining ingredient, stir in the blueberries at the end.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently. Slowly fold the batter whilst slowly stirring in the almond milk (will be thick).
- Spoon a tablespoon of the batter into each muffin hole.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Blitz all the frosting ingredients in a blender. Pipe onto the top of the completely cooled cupcakes.
- Top with blueberries and some more lemon zest.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Nutrition per muffin with frosting – Calories 119 Protein 9 Carbs 8 fat 5