Healthy vanilla donuts with marble glaze. Fluffy baked vanilla donuts smothered in marbled vanilla glaze. Simple to make and under 140 calories each!
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
healthy marble vanilla protein donuts
- 1/2 c spelt flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
2/3 c natvia icing mix
- red, blue and pink vegan/natural food coloring
Preheat the oven to 170C. Prepare a 6 hole donut pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl mix the protein powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and sweetener. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, mix the egg and applesauce together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix, batter should be thick.
Spoon the batter into the donut holes. Bake for 8-10 min. Remove donuts from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix all the frosting ingredients (except the colouring) in a small blender. Then pour into a shallow bowl, scatter little drops of the colouring into the the frosting and swirl with knife. Then dip each donut into the bowl and allow to set.
Nutrition – calories 139, protein 10, carbs 10, fat 6