- 1 c wholewheat pastry flour
- 1 c vanilla protein powder (can use flour instead)
- 1/2 c creamy natural peanut butter (I used nuts n’ more toffee crunch)
- 1/3 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 c natural sweetener (or coconut palm sugar)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir the peanut butter, coconut oil, egg, sweetener and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until until just combined.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Then place on the baking sheet and pres down with the back of a fork to make a cross shape. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (or until slightly golden).
- Allow to cool on the basking tray for 5-10 minutes. Then allow to cool fully on a wire rack.