healthy red velvet cheesecake swirl brownie
- 1 c cooked sweet potato (mashed)*
- 1 egg
- ½ c vanilla protein powder (can sub for almond meal)
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp of beet powder (or 2 tsp of natural food colouring)**
- 1/4 c date paste ***
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c sugar free maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1/4 c natural sweetener
- 1/2 tsp natural sea salt
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c Natvia icing mix (or a fine sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 185C and line a 9×9″ brownie tin with baking paper.
- Blend the sweet potato, cacao, almond meal, protein powder baking powder, beet powder and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Add in the dates, egg, vanilla, maple syrup and sweetener and mix well. Set aside.
- Place all the cheesecake ingredients into a bowl and mix well (I used an electric mixer).
- Pour the 3/4 of the brownie mix into the tin and then pour all of the cheesecake batter over the top. Dollop spoonfuls of the remaining brownie batter over the top of the cheesecake layer. Glide a knife through to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (depends on your oven). I covered the brownie tine with foil half way to stop the top from browning (I like my brownies on the gooey side so I take mine out when the knife comes out a little dirty and then I let it set in the fridge for an hour).
Nutrition per brownie: Cals 137 P 9, C 14, F5
* Precook the sweet potato either in the oven (200C for approx 45mins) or microwave (about 8-10 mins on high) -1 c usually equates to one very large sweet potato
**If you add in beet powder, mix it in with the dry ingredients. However, if you add natural food colouring (usually a liquid) add it in with the wet ingredients.
***Date paste- I made my own by blending pitted dates in my food processor.
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!