Smooth velvet-y pancakes studded with rich melty choc chips. Topped with sweet cream cheesing frosting. This is the perfect Sunday breakkie and these pancakes are packed with over 35g of protein per serve.
This week leg day fell on a Sunday, which mean post leg workout pancakes! Red velvet protein pancakes to be precise. These are super quick to whip up and definitely hit the spot.
These pancakes are:
High in protein
Red velvet-y yumminess
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthy red velvet greek yogurt protein pancakes with cream cheese frosting
- 1/3 c whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c vanilla protein powder (can sub for flour used)
- 1/2 c (120g) plain no fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp(30ml) sugar free maple syrup (can use pure maple syrup/agave)
- 2 tsp beet powder (or 1 tsp natural red food coloring)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg (can omit)
- 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c vegan chocolate chips or 1 double chocolate chunk quest bar roughly chopped
Cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4-1/2 c finely blended natural sweetener (I use Natvia icing mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk and maple syrup, plus food colouring of choice. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (don’t over mix). Fold in the choc chips.
- Heat pan/skillet to medium (make sure it is hot before pouring the batter on). Flip when the edges start to brown (This batter makes about 8 pancakes).
- Mix all the cream cheese frosting ingredients in a blender (I used a ninja), place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with cream cheese frosting.
- Keep your pancakes warm by preheating your oven to 200C and placing them on a tray lined with baking paper until you have completed the entire batch.
Serves 2 (approx 8 large pancakes)
Nutrition (excluding frosting): Cals 372, P35 , C40 , F8