Healthy red velvet protein brownies with peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- 1 ½c cooked sweet potato (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ c french vanilla #OxyWhey protein powder @EHPlabs
- ½ c raw cacao powder
- ¼ c applesauce
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 double Choc chunk #questbar roughly chopped @QuestAus or ⅔ c dark vegan chocolate chips
- ½ c sugar free maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1/4c beet juice (or two tsp red food coloring)
- ¼ c coconut oil
- ¼ c natural sweetener
Topping- peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- 3 tbsp low fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 3 tbsp low fat geek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp PB2 (or natural peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener (natvia icing mix)
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 8x8brownie tin with baking paper.
- Blend the sweet potato, cacao, baking powder and protein powder in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, maple syrup and applesauce and mix well. Stir in the choc chips/questbar.
- Mix the frosting ingredient in a bowel and set aside. Once the brownie has cooled spread the frosting over the top with a knife and top with more vegan chocolate chips/questbar chunks.
- Pour the brownie mix into the brownie tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. (I like me brownies on the gooey side so I take mine out when the knife comes out a little dirty and then I let it set in the fridge for an hour)