Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 1 c wholewheat pasty flour (iherb.com discount code TQT398)
- 1 c chocolate protein powder (can sub with wholewheat pastry flour)
- 1 c sweet potato cooked and mashed*
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (agave/honey)
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 1/4 c nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ c coconut oil (melted)
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ c no fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ c PB2 (peanut powder) or natural peanut butter
- 1 c natvia icing mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c vegan choc chips
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- In a small small bowl, mix together the maple syrup and sweetener. Stir in the Greek yogurt, egg and mashed sweet potato **add coconut oil here.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the protein powder, cacao powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently. Slowly fold the batter whilst slowly stirring in the almond milk (will be thick).
- Pour the batter between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20min (depending on your oven). A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Place muffins on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all cream cheese frosting ingredients in a bowl. And pipe into muffins, then stud with choc chips.
Makes 12 muffins.
*Precook the sweet potato either in the oven (200C for approx 45 mins) or microwave (about 8-10 mins on high) -1 c usually equates to one very large sweet potato.
Nutrition per muffin with frosting -158 Cals, P12, C14, F6