Ooey-gooey, chewy melted marshmallow and protein chocolate, plus a waffle cone = SMORE’S campfire cones! High protein, 25g per cone, and only 273 calories each! This is a delicious “if it fits your macro” style post workout snack!
Today I decided to have an IIFYM style post workout snack. And yes this is not the healthiest snack in the world but hey, we all deserve a little #treatyoself every now and then. And for me, you cannot go wrong with smore’s!
I wanted to lighten the classic smore’s treat up and by using chocolate protein this really did the trick! But if you wanted to go all out you could replace the chocolate protein with choc chips or any other chocolate you like for a cheatmeal. I was going to add more choc chips to mine, but the chocolate protein was enough on it’s own 🙂
I also added in some extra fibre and protein with the addition of a smore’s quest bar but this is totally optional. After wrapping the cones up in aluminum foil and popping them into the oven for 10 minutes (well just under). There was my post workout snack, all made within 15 minutes!
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me @missk_j6 and #MissK_J6 on instagram, so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Lightened up SMORE’S protein campfire cones
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powders
- 2 waffle cones
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 8 marshmallows
- 1/2 smore’s quest bar- roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- In small bowl mix the protein powder and almond milk to make a thick paste.
- Distribute the marshmallows and quest bar into the cones evenly and pour the chocolate protein over the top.
- Cover each cone in aluminum foil and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Unwrap and eat hot!
Grilling option: grill on high for 5-10 minutes turning each cone once.
Nutrition per cone (including quest bar)- Calories 273, Protein 25, Carbs 32, Fat 5.