Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
Healthier peanut butter protein cookie
- 1 1/4 c spelt flour
- 1 c vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1/3 c coconut palm sugar (can use natural sweetener or brown sugar)
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c shortening (melted) can use butter/coconut oil
- 1 whole egg plus one egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 c roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- In a large bowl mix the flour, protein powder, baking soda, and salt together. Make a small crater in the centre. And the remaining ingredients into the crater and the stir until just combined.
- Take a round tablespoon of the cookie dough place it onto the baking tray and the flatten slightly. Repeat until all the cookie dough has been used. Approx 12-16 cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tops start to brown. Allow to sit on the tray for 5-10 minutes and then allow to full cool on a wire rack.
- I drizzled some vegan chocolate over the top.