Raw deserts – simple and delicious. These snickers bars are 150 calories each and full of salted caramel-y gooey goodness.
Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
raw vegan snickers bars
- 1/2 c almond meal (or gluten free oats)
- 3/4 c vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 2 c dates (seeds removed and soak in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 1/4 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetned almond milk
- 1/2 c peanuts (you can oven roast them – but it won’t be a raw desert)
- 1/2-3/4 c dairy free choc chips (melted)
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter (melted) – optional
- Mix the base ingredients in a a food processor until it is a fine crumb texture, and then press into a 8×8” brownie tin lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer until required.
- In a food processor pulse the caramel filling ingredients, until smooth. Pour over the base and freeze for 2 hours.
- Melted down the choc chip and peanut butter an mix together. Pour over the caramel and place back into freezer until chocolate has set (less than 10 mins – I left mine in overnight).
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Nutrition – Cals 150, protein 6, carbs 16, fat 7.