Made a Miss K recipe? Be sure to tag me on Instagram and #MissK_J6 so I can check out all your amazing recreations!
skinny banana walnut and caramel muffins
Banana Muffin Mix
- 1 c wholewheat pasty flour (iherb.com discount code TQT398)
- 1 c vanilla protein powder (can sub with wholewheat pastry flour)
- 3 overly ripe banana mashed
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (agave/honey)
- 1/4 c fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ c coconut oil (melted)
- ½ c healthy salted date caramel**
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 c extra light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 c natvia icing mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with silicon muffins molds or baking paper and set a side.
- In a small small bowl, mix together the maple syrup and sweetener. Stir in the Greek yogurt, egg and mashed banana **add coconut oil here.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the protein powder, cacao powder, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently. Slowly fold the batter whilst slowly stirring in the almond milk (will be thick).
- Pour the batter between the 12 muffin tins. Add one tsp of the caramel into each muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20min (depending on your oven). A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Place muffins on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all cream cheese frosting ingredients in a bowl. And pipe onto muffins. I topped mine with some more walnuts and a drizzle of vegan chocolate.
Makes 12 muffins.
- 2 c dates (seeds removed and soak in boiling water for 20 mins)
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- mix in bender until smooth