- 1/2 c spelt flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 c chocolate protein powder (or flour)
- 1/3 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c natvia icing mix
- 2-3 broken up chocolate and vanilla cookies (Glutino) or chopped up cookie and cream quest bar
- Mix all the frosting ingredients (except the sprinkles) in a saucepan until smooth. Then stir over a medium heat and bring a simmer and then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Prepare a 6 hole donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix the protein powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sweetener. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the egg and applesauce together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix, batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut holes. Bake for 8-10 min. Remove donuts from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the icing over each donut, add the cookies and allow to set.