Skinny Peanut Butter & Cookies and Cream PROTEIN DONUTS
- 1/2 c PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1/2 c vanilla protein powder (or peanut butter)
- 1/3 c natural sweetener
- 1/4 c fat free Greek yogurt
- ¼ c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 3 Glutino chocolate vanilla cookies ground (iherb discount code TQT398) or 1 cookies and cream #questbar roughly chopped @QuestAUS.
TOPPING– for a single donut
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ Glutino chocolate and vanilla cookie (crumbled) onto the top of each donut
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Prepare a 6 hole donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix the protein powder, PB2, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and sweetener. Blitz the glutino cookies and stir them into the batter or stir in quest bar chunks here. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk and yogurt. Pour in the coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Do not over mix, batter should be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut holes. Bake for 9-11 min. Remove donuts from pan and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients, except the cookie. When the donuts have slightly cooled spread the topping over the donut and then top with the cookies.
Serves 8-9 dounts
MACROS Cals 109 per donut (no icing) P 10, C 7, F4
*for the #prodoughwich slice one donut in half and spoon on ice cream of choice (protein icecream recipe back on my feed) top with the half of the donut and devour! Can add extra cookies 😊😊