- 3/4 c lite spelt flour (oat flour)
- 1 c chocolate protein powder (or flour)
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 1 c mashed overly ripe banana (approx. 3 large bananas)- mashed.
- 1/3 c nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup (agave/honey)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp beet powder or 1 tsp of natural red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 c natural sweetener (to taste)
- 1 cookies and cream #questbar roughly chopped @QuestAUS or 7 glutino vanilla and chocolate cookies – blitz 4 cookies in a food processor (iherb discount code is TQT398).
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with silicon molds or baking paper and set a side.
- In a small small bowl, mix together the maple syrup and sweetener. Stir in the Greek yogurt, egg and mashed banana. Mix in coconut oil and beet powder/coloring.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the protein powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet and dry ingredients gently. Slowly fold the batter whilst slowly stirring in the milk (will still be quite thick).
- Fold quest bar chunks or glutino cookie into the batter. (Do not over mix the batter, which will lead to dry, tough muffins).
- Pour the batter between the 12 muffin tins. Cut the remaining glutino cookies into quarters and place them on top of the batter.
- Bake for 18-20min (depending on your oven). A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow the muffins to cool completely.
Makes 12 muffins.
MACROS- 135, P8, C14.5, F5